There is only one way to authenticate when using the API – using basic authentification Method with authorization API Key.
Basic Authentification Method
- For your account, you’ll be given a unique authorization API Key.
- For every API request you make, you’ll need to use HTTP basic authorization to present the authorization API Key assigned to you.
- The admin user, and each staff member, has an API token.
- The admin user’s authorization API Key can be found under My Account >> API page.
HTTP authentication takes a username/password pair by default, but since we’re dealing with an API Authorization key, you’ll have to enter it as well.
Here’s an example authenticated request made with POSTMAN:
- Basic XXXXXXXXXX==
- application/json; charset=utf-8
Please keep this secret. It should be guarded just as you would your regular account password.
If you feel you have been compromised, you can reset it by clicking the "Reset" link on the API menu under My Account.